Monday, July 27, 2009

Yasmin Ahmad : Al-Fatihah To You

Hhhmm....




~ Al-Fatihah ~


About 4 years ago, me and my fellow friends went to the cinema to watch Sepet. Somewhere in between the movie, we, in a real rapid and anxious way of behaviour, managed to copy the number of Jason's mobile phone which was given to Orked. We called the number. Shockingly it turned out to be the director's personal mobile phone number. We thanked her for giving Malaysians such a fresh and beautiful film and wished her the best. It was a short but meaningful phone call to us. I've wished to be a part of her ads or films one day, like my brother did and I truly envy him.

July 2009. She left. Gone. Without even had the chance to say goodbye. One of my wishes gone with her.

...
So long, fare thee well
The dancer and the dancing days have taken leave and fell
So turn down this bed of stone
Quench me with the deadly nightshade from the rose that you belong
The long December rain is falling now
Running down on streets to nowhere
Music is my life you're my sweetest nightingale
But I can't hear it here no more
And I go
I go
Hush now, don't shake or break
Words have fallen silent like soldiers to the grave
No matter what they do or say
Lay me on the sleepy meadow by the tracks upon your face
...

"I Go" by Pete Teo.

Thank you for the inspiration.

Rest in peace.
Yasmin Ahmad The Storyteller.


http://rosmanpositivo.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

linahilmin said...

al-fatihah...
ps- 'fellow friends' yg menonton sepet tu termasauk sayakah???!!! :p

fadz said...

:....(

withoutmotive said...

man..dah sampai giliran ko plak tuk bikin ss2 dlm industri filem ni..